The mission of the Vol Institute for Math Success is to support students in their transition into the first year of college and academically prepare students to be successful in their math courses at UT. Participants will engage in a variety of academic and social activities.
The transition to a new college environment can be difficult. By participating in VIMS you’ll integrate into the academic community early, learn about tools and resources to help you succeed at UT. Additionally VIMS scholars will:
- Enhances math ability and proficiency.
- Participate in and out of classroom activities, including social events, introduction to UT resources, and academic tutoring.
- Expand on knowledge of personal strengths and how they can be applied to student success
By participating in VIMS, you will:
- Enhance and demonstrate math ability and proficiency
- Recognize and locate college resources that support academic and personal growth
- Enhance understanding of personal strengths in order to support academic and social exploration.
- Create an environment that fosters an opportunity to develop a sense of belonging as a UT student
- Prioritize the importance of dialogue and how it contributes to building community